Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ever Feel Like a Kid in a Candy Store???



Linkorama:


The Flames and the Blackhawks clash in Game 4 tonight. The fur is going to {be flying}. From my perspective, I will be really curious to see who is working this game, because you bet they'll be bringing their "A" game.


Games like this have a certain type of "air" about them. The officials need to react to what happens. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they are allowed to bang each other really hard. The worst thing a referee can do is come in and try to lay the law down from the outset. See what they are going to do...see how they are going to react. This is NHL Stanley Cup hockey. I can guarantee you that the standard will be there when it comes to open ice stuff...restraining fouls, etc. But I will also bet that when it comes to battling along the boards or in front of the net, there will be some leniency.




"You saw what happened in the end of the game yesterday," said Burish, who has escaped official censure for his run at Bourque. "Ten guys on the ice acting like wild animals.

I'm expecting an awesome, awesome game. You guys are all going to be in for a treat. I know the fans are going to be in for a treat.

It's going to a blast. It's going to be a war. It's going to be nasty. And that's what I love."


No comments: