Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Such a Sports Rube

Any of you out there like me? Have sports on your brain most of the time? Watch sports on T.V. most of the time?  Open up the newspaper and IMMEDIATELY go to the 'Sports Section'?  You maybe even don't get to the rest of the paper?  Watch Sportscenter on the T.V. for "news of the day"?

Any of you out there like me?

For those of you like me, you've gotta have some fun this week, eh?  Masters golf...NCAA Frozen Four...heck, I'm such a rube, I'll watch some of my UO Brothers at the USA Hockey National Championships!

*****************

The House Always Wins

This is me in a nutshell career-wise = I substitute teach for a day job (I love working with kids) and I watch hockey games (occassionally reffing in them, too - like 91 of them this season) at night.  Two jobs that I absolutely love!

The problem is that I don't belong to an office/work place/building, so I no longer get in on the NCAA pools/football picks/Super Bowl numbers/Master's pools.  I mean...c'mon...the best part of all of this is talking trash with your fellow participants.

My wife's career is in management, so it is big-time frowned upon her if she joins an office pool, so she's got nobody either.

Well...we've got each other now.  BR (ie 'bragging rights') in the house and we bet each other and trash talk each other.  We will forget the part that she currently has the BR, because I lost the NCAA by  4 points, and we will focus on two major events this weekend: (1) Miami needs to beat Boston College in hockey for me to win that pool, and (2) we are going to draft for the Master's tournament.

Who should I draft?  Click on comments and let me know.




* On a side note: What does all this betting and watching sports amount to?  (1) entertainment, (2) ongoing interest in a 'speacialized way' of current events, and (3) it fuels my competitive desire. 

** STARTING MAY 1st -- Ultimate Officials Mental Tuffness Training Begins.  
email me and say, "Bring It" for more information: info@ultimateofficials.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I've got Mickelson in my Fantasy Golf league so I'll suggest him as my first choice. Then I'd say, Furyk, Geoff Ogilvy, Westwood, Sticker, and even though he hasn't played competitive golf in 6months, it's hard not to pick Woods. That's 6 guys I'd really look at.

Mike Trumble said...

I got Woods in this one. He is a master of focus and brings it every time he is on the course. Second choice would be Phil. Lefty is always right there and if Tiger does faulter this weekend it will be Phil wearing the ugly green jacket!!!

Ultimate Officials said...

Here are the 4 guys I drafted:

1. Padraig Harrington
2. Phil Mickelson
3. Tiger Woods
4. Camilo Villegas