Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Enforcer and Colin Campbell

A really, really good friend of mine asked me what I thought of the enforcer.  This was in response to the previous post, "March Madness".  I personally don't like the enforcer.  The guy just takes up too much space.  I mean...look at the MN Wild...they (are still trying to convince us) that they are fighting for a playoff spot and they have two guys in the lineup like Derek Boogaard  and John Scott ?  What is their combined 6 minutes of playing time going to do?  Little to nothing. 

BTW, I once gave John Scott a penalty when he was playing for Michigan Tech against St. Cloud State...it was for 'Holding the Stick' = hahaha.  Seriously, though, when he played, I told my lines partner that if he ever did anything on the ice (and he never did back then), I was just going to jump on his back!

So, let's get this straight: (1) I approve of fighting in the NHL and I don't want to pander to 'marginal' fans who don't like the 'violence' and want fighting out of the game, and (2) I believe in old school guys who take care of stuff themselves with passion, grit, and, yes, sometimes, knuckles.

Thanks to Justin Bourne, here is are a couple of old school guys taking care of Colin Campbell:

No comments: