Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Video is the Best Learning Tool

http://ultimateofficials.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-is-best-learning-tool.html
I Just Took This Pic in my "Situation Room"

Video can serve a hockey official (it's not just for players & coaches) so well; watching yourself, analyzing skating, critiquing penalty calls, using it as a teaching, it is the most powerful and effective medium Ultimate Officials uses.

Here is a testimonial I just received from a subscribing trainee in the Ultimate Officials Online Camp:

 I KNOW for a fact if it weren't for the influence of you and the UO guys (even though I'm not the most "participatory"), there is no way this would have happened.  (in reference to being selected as a junior official) M.M.

My wish is that I could have all the goodies that the NHL has in their "Situation Room".  Check out the following video:


I saw the expanding use of the internet and visioned a "virtual classroom" to help teach and develop on ice officials.  I am working with video on almost a daily basis, editing videos that I have shot myself while supervising games, watching those in junior hockey on FAST hockey online broadcasts to write up game notes, even using NHL videos and examples.  So that picture of me up above is "what I do" for guys in the UO programs.  I was recently interviewed by "Let's Play Hockey" and I talk about this in the article:


All online members of Ultimate Officials are emailed video situations on a weekly basis, have access to video tutorials, and some even receive DVD's of their game footage.  Below is an example of a video from www.uoteach.blogspot.com

No comments: