Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More Dan Marouelli

Dan Goes for a Run with the Boys
May 3 Link: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC%27s_Hockey_Night_in_Canada/1237534952/ID=1908452300

Notes:
Penalty Shot Criterea:
1. Infraction occurs past attacker's own blue line.
2. Possession and control of the puck/no opponent to pass other than the goalie
3. Foul committed from behind.
4. Denied a reasonable scoring opportunity.

Ovechkin complains...
Ref calls a hook, no penalty shot
Dan says, "Yes" it should have been a penalty shot.
I say, "Ooof...I am all in favor of calling penalty shots, but I agree with the on ice call."
Comments?

Side note: One of my mentors called a hook on a semi-break, and the coach went off on him, because he wanted a penalty shot.  My mentor told him, "If you can explain the four criteria for a penalty shot, I will call it.  Otherwise, if you want to keep complaining, I will call a bench minor on you!"

Loved it!




No comments: